Knowledgebase: Raffles
Do you need licensing for raffles?
Posted by Nina Sljivo on 19 July 2013 01:50 PM

Yes, you do. The way in which you would about licensing the raffles is as follows:

  1. An application needs to be sent to the municipality where your community Special Olympics program takes place.
  2. A separate trust bank account is needed to deposit profits.
  3. An application must be completed and sent to the Special Olympics Ontario office to be signed by two directors.
  4. The license will cost three per cent of the drawn prizes’ value.
  5. Give enough time to complete and send form.
  6. Additional documents provided by Special Olympics Ontario must be completed and sent back.
  7. Once the license is approved, there are regulations that must be followed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission. These regulations will be given to you with the license.
  8. When the raffle has been completed, a follow up lottery report needs to be completed and sent to the municipality. Keep records of all expenses and receipts to accompany the report. Two Special Olympics directors must sign the report before its sent back to the municipality. You have 30 days following the raffle to submit it.

For more information, please call Special Olympics Ontario at (416) 447-8326.

(0 vote(s))
This article was helpful
This article was not helpful

Comments (0)
Help Desk Software by Kayako Fusion